Monday, November 15, 2010

Grateful for this...

I could list all the things I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving season (like family, health, and friends), but I think what I'm most grateful for at this moment is beauty. When I see a sunset with all the brilliant colors God painted it with, I feel totally awed. When I see a piece of art or read an amazingly inspired book, every cell in my body is engulfed in sweet wonder.

Photo by Rennett Stowe
Simple things, like this poem by Dixie Wilson, bring me joy.

I like the fall the mist and all
I like the night owls lonely call
And waiting sound of wind around
I like the gray November day
and dead bare boughs that coldly sway
Against my pane
I like the rain
I like to sit and laugh at it
And then tend my cozy fire a bit
I like the fall 
The mist and all

That's what I'm grateful for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It