A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- Author Unknown
When each New Year starts, do you think up a long list of resolutions? Do those resolutions ever come true?
Every new year is a time of hope and expectation. If you have dreams to make things happen this 2011, here’s a formula to reach this year's goals. I've borrowed here from the inspiring mind of Zig Ziglar.
1. Write it down. Record that goal on paper. (I added another visual element with a vision board.)
2. Put a date on it. Record when you’ll complete or accomplish the goal.
3. List the obstacles in your way for completing your goal.
4. Identify those people or groups you need to work with to accomplish your goal.
5. Spell out a plan of action to reach the goal.
6. Ask yourself, “What’s in it for me?” Identify and define the benefits of reaching this goal. (Put those pictures and words of the end result on your vision board. Those images can be very motivating.)
Zig says, “If you know the formula, you’ll reach the goal.” I believe him. We have the whole year before us. Reaching for a worthy goal can be a life-changing experience. Start it now.